15 May 2008

Last Days in San Antonio

We are fast approaching our exodus from San Antonio. Graduation is in 2 days, and we plan on leaving sometime the next week; therefore our apartment is all sorts of a packing mess. Our lease does not end until the end of this month, but we are ready to move and get settled into our summer in Corpus. We will be living with Jace's parents to help save so we can afford our first month in Prague. Money will be tight while we are abroad, but we certainly aren't taking this trip for monetary wealth. 

I've been thinking about how I am going to use this blog while we are in Europe. My goal is to write at least once a week. I hope to write more, but I don't really know what our internet access situation will be. There are certainly internet cafes, but hopefully either our flat and/or my school will have internet. I also want it to take on a photo theme: either a photo of the week or day. I'm afraid a photo a day may be too ambitious, but I like ambitious. Any other suggestions for the use of the blog?

Nothing new on the paperwork, I sent off all the necessary papers to my work and am now waiting for my work permit so I can apply for a visa. We finally paid off our credit card, so the plane tickets are officially fully paid for!! We leave in just over 3 months. 

So in keeping with the theme:
Photobucket
This is one of my favorite pictures I took on my last trip. It was blown-up and framed and has been hanging on the apartment wall for over a year, but now it is gone. It's alright though, I get to see it in person again so soon!

And one more, taken on the same evening as the previous picture. 
Photobucket

No comments: