17 September 2008

Four Seasons?

OK so I know that it is lame that it has been a week since I have updated, and now this update is going to be about the weather. 

So many people have said that the best thing about living away from Texas is that you get all four seasons. But I am pretty sure that good ol' Prague skipped autumn and went straight to winter. Last week I had to change shirts when I got home because I was so sweaty. In just two days that switched to a sweater, and now I have brought out the coat, scarf, and hat as well and have worn them all week. 

The scary (and probably accurate thought) is that this IS their fall, and winter will be much colder. I should know this for fact, but I don't remember it being so cold (perhaps it was the consistent wearing of long underwear - that is the next step)

TEXANS - spend a couple extra minutes in the sun-shine for us! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're so chilly. I think it must be your thin Texan blood. It's only about 40 degrees there, that's a walk in the park for us Yankees!

Laura said...

Sarah,
We too have had some chilly days here in Minnesota. But we haven't broken out the hats yet! For that we wait for sub zeros!

McCains in Prague said...

yeah, i started early on the cold weather gear. I figured I should be comfortable!

But I have seen some hats and scarves on the Czechs as well, so I don't feel so bad!

Anonymous said...

tell jace i'm knitting him the most beautiful purple, cashmere scarf. and he will be showing it off to all of prague.

-byron

Laura said...

How cold is it there and how cold does it get? Is September early for winter to be setting in? Do you get lots of snow there or just cold?

McCains in Prague said...

right now the highs are in the low 50's, but it seems so cold because of the sudden change from the previous weather. Also its been drizzly quite often, so that makes it seem colder as well.

I looked up their average temperatures for the winter and it said about 10-20 degrees farenheit for January/February.

When I was last here, there was a fair amount of snow, but apparently it doesn't usually snow very often, but just stays cold.

Like the first post said (I think it was Aunt Jo) I just have thin Texan blood. ;-)