30 April 2009

Making Paper

So April started out with a bang as far as the updates were concerned, but then we settled very comfortable back into our routine. Last weekend Jace and I went to a youth retreat with Youth Praha and had a great time, it was really good getting to know the students better and spending so much time with them. We came home exhausted and happy. 

School has been going very well, I love my job and love my kids. Today we made paper as a part of our lesson on recycling, and I wanted to give you a further glimpse into my day to day life. 

We started off by tearing paper (from the recycling bin) into bowls. The boy on the left is clearly ready. 

Once they had enough paper (which managed to take about 30 minutes or so) they mixed it with ink and water. 

It got everywhere. This table was fully red by the end. 

Nothing was safe. 

Then we rolled it out onto little screens made with wire and panty-hose. 

Now they are sitting on the windowsill drying. Hopefully the finished project will be a success. Will have to keep you posted on that. 

Please note, this project was done with 15 kids. It was a mess and carried on for about 2 hours. We were late for lunch, but our lunch lady is sweet. Thank goodness that we have a three day weekend. I need some rest!

1 comment:

Mom said...

They obviously had a great time!