09 February 2009

School in Nature

So I survived the week with the kids. There were certainly some moments when I felt overwhelmed with children - especially the meal times, but mostly it was some nice bonding time with my students, especially getting them ready for bed and such. 

Overall the weather was nice not too cold, but there was snow for the kids. Actually there was quite a lot of ice and I have a massive bruise on my hip from falling down (and all impact went there - very graceful). 

The rooms were set up so that the sleeping area for me and my 5 kids was actually 2 adjoining rooms. Well you better believed that I rearranged some furniture to get the 5 beds for the kids in one room so that I had the other. Selfish, I know, but I needed some sleep and one of my girls talked in her sleep every night. 

All in all, it was nice, and when I get asked to go in the summer, I am sure I will say yes. 


The kids all brought plastic sleds


walking in the woods


my 5 kids in the room. They really enjoyed running from one end of the room to the other just by bouncing on the beds - especially at 7AM


we did quite a few crafts, but these paper mache penguins were my idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks like you guys have the funnest class around.
-byron