05 January 2009

GSCE Day 5

Day Five: 24 December
Train: 9:30 Glacier Express; St. Moritz - Zermatt 

So this day was pretty much all train! We ate breakfast at the hotel in St. Moritz and hopped on the eight hour train ride through the Alps. 

To say it was beautiful only begins to describe it. God only know how many times we said "oh wow, look at that!" Sadly, the pictures don't do it much justice - it is difficult to get good shots on a moving train, especially with glare - but I got some. 

We arrived in Zermatt, my favorite town of the trip, and found a cute Swiss restaurant for dinner. Then we went back and attempted some Skype phone calls at the internet cafe (but the sound on the receiving end wasn't so hot.) Then it was time for bed. 


on the Glacier Express






I had never seen this much snow in my life!


playing Cribbage on the train. We did this a lot


we saw a lot of little towns scattered throughout the Alps, and most of them had a church like this one.


the Matterhorn in Zermatt


Zermatt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny, ever time I read an update I can't wait for the next one but I was there so I know what's coming! You do a great job telling the story Sarah!