11 August 2009

Greece Adventures Day 6

Settling in at home is going well, and it still feels pretty nice to be back.

Day 6 – Athens and Santorini

We woke up early and caught the ferry to Santorini. Words cannot describe the chaos that is the ferry. There were chairs, tables, people, and luggage sprawled and shoved everywhere. We sat on the top deck, which was open air, but covered and slightly shaded. The fact that we had to wake up early plus the rocking boat were not a good combination for me, but after the ferry docked at its first island, it emptied out a little, and we got a spot on the bench so I could lay down, and that helped a ton. 8 hours later, we arrive in Santorini.

If chaos is the word to describe the ferry, then complete pandemonium would be the port of Santorini There was a massive crowd of people exiting the boat, cars driving off the boat, and hoards of people trying to get you to stay at their hotel and/or take their bus to the town. We finally just got a cab to our hotel.

After checking in, we got dinner near the hotel, and then went back and relaxed. After being on the boat for so long, I still felt like I was rocking, and needed a lie-down big time. So we rented a movie off iTunes and called it a night.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sarah, you spent over 8 hours on a boat while pregnant? I give you credit for that one! I used to have trouble taking the Long Island Ferry from Connecticut while expecting. (only 45 mins!)
I guess judging by that you are feeling okay and not too sick on a daily basis. I hope you are well and able to enjoy your pregnancy. I always like the last month but that is about it. You would think with how yucky I always felt that I would have quit after one.....but you forget all of it once you see the baby!!!!!! Hope all is well and Congratulations again!

Eric said...

Hey, Sarah. Glad y'all made it back safe and sound. Have Jace give me a call, I don't have your number.

Eric