01 March 2009

Czech Skiing

On Thursday evening, Jace comes home from work and says, "I would like to go skiing this weekend." Fortunately, a friend of our from Bumble Bee, George, already has plans to go skiing and says we can go with him. 

We wake up on Saturday morning at 5AM to catch a 6:30 bus. The bus takes us 2 hours to the slopes where we have a beautiful, sunny day of skiing for me and snowboarding for Jace. 

I was miserable at first, struggling to gain enough confidence to go more than 3 feet at a time. After a few times down the same slope, however, I pick up some confidence and speed, and end up having a wonderful time.

Jace had a great time from the start, and was so happy to get outside in the winter weather and do something active - not to mention the fact that he loves snowboarding!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't realize the slopes were that close. Sounds like this could be a weekly adventure for one of ewes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jace and Sara! I have never really blogged before but have been hearing updates about ya'll for some time now -so I finally decided to see what all the excitement of blogging is about, especially now that greg is doing it also. Seems easy enough! Your pictures are great and really make me want to visit Europe again. Francis and I have changed the wedding to 10-10-09, but thats not even set in stone yet. We are anxious to get married then travel a little more before we start having kids. ~Madelyn